Photobucket

Saturday, June 4, 2011

365 Days to be grateful! Day 4: "Ebay"


O.k. I know being grateful for Ebay may sound weird but I think this is really special.
When I was a little girl the picture on the right hung on my wall. I still have that picture today but it is pretty beat up. I thought wouldn't it be nice if my daughter grew up with such lovely and whimsical art work too? So I did a little search on the artist Enda Vierra and I found out she was one of the first "collage" artists who did her art in the 70's. I don't know how accurate my info is since I did glean it from the internet. But anyway, I looked on ebay and sure enough a few original prints in excellent condition were up for sale. YAY! ...and as a bonus (I never knew this) she did a matching boy painting too so of course I had to get the pair. Whenever my baby girl gets her own room I would like to decorate it with vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy items (which I have been collecting most of my life) and I think this pair of prints will go perfectly with that decor.
So Mrs. Edna Vierra wherever you are my dear...thank you! And thank you Ebay...the place where you can find almost anything!

No comments: