Photobucket

Friday, July 15, 2011

365 Grateful Day 45 "Unexpected Surprises""


I found a really old undeveloped roll of film in my grandfather's basement. Since I was scanning photos from the family albums I asked my grandfather if I could try to get the roll developed. Of course he was more than happy to oblige. It was a roll of 127 film and no one has developed that size for many years. I would have developed it myself if it had been black and white but it wasn't so I had to do a lot of research online. I found a company who specializes in developing film such as I had. It was very expensive and there were no guarantees if anything would come out right. When I got the developed negatives back in the mail I was absolutely stunned to see myself in them. I totally expected to see my mother and aunts but instead they consisted of the grandchildren. What a delightful surprise.
This is baby me, about 5 or 6 years old here. Look at the training wheels on my bike and check out my fish! No wonder I still love to fish!

No comments: