Photobucket

Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for a new stoneware set....

OLD SET







My husband has mentioned more than once that we need a new stoneware set. If I start this project this will be the third complete set I have made in the past 10 years. I do settings of 8 so a set consist of 8 dinner plates, 8 desert plates, 8 tumblers, 8 goblets, (I know..goblets are non-standard but they are just so fun to drink from, 8 large bowls, 8 smaller bowls. In addition I make a complete tea set with tea pot, serving tray, creamer and sugar pot. Pitcher and vase. Salt and Pepper Shaker and butter dish. I also do a crock with lid and at least two very large serving bowls.
Yes it is a lot of work and I am busy being a new mom, refining tatting patterns for two new books, making new tatting shuttles and a couple other secret projects! But my husband keeps buzzing in my ear so I've been thinking about the new design. What will I do?? I am toying with the idea of using colored porcelain. That will be extra work but I think will have a nice effect...but who knows? I may change my mind a couple of times from now until then.
In the meantime what will I do with the old set?

2 comments:

'RainbowRose' Connie Faulconer said...

Oh Sherry, I'm jealous of your 'tea set'! Just 'BEAUTIFUL!!!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Thank you Connie! It will be for sale in a few months....